Friday, April 8, 2011

Everlasting Light

"Love is the coal that makes this train roll."


April 8th, 2011


Countless times I've listened to The Black Keys, a band from Akron, Ohio.  And today I decided to listen to them again. My album of choice was their newest one entitled "Brothers". With a 15 track playlist of an bluesy-almost pop sound, it's definitely worth the listen. "Everlasting Light" is the title of the first track. And even though I've listened to the song who knows how many times, It always is something worth listening to me. Along with The Black Keys I've been listening immensely to Explosions In The Sky, Beirut, Jónsi, Sigur Rós, Mumford & Sons, The Avett Brothers, and Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros. These few bands make up only a small fraction of my music library. Every day I listen to something different, different genres, artists, albums and so forth. I always enjoy expanding my musical variety, library and overall opinions and open mindedness towards new artists, genres and such. Alternative, blues, folk, indie, world, hip-hop, rap, bluegrass, dub-step, etc., these are just a few examples of what have sparked my interest as of late. Im always open to exploring new styles of music and artists.

Music is a privilege.

"Let me be your everlasting light, your sun when there is none. Im a shepherd for you and I'll guide you through. Let me be your everlasting light "

No comments:

Post a Comment